Saturday, April 01, 2017

BIG NEWS! ANNOUNCING...

I have a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT to share! I have been sitting on this for a few weeks, and today is the day I can share!

I have been invited to join the Design Team for Conie Fong Art and Design


Conie designs digital stamps, which she sells on her Esty shop. Her images are beyond adorable! I recently discovered her work, purchased a few images, and fell in love with coloring them! When Conie had a Design Team Call in March, I submitted my application, and she accepted me!

To say I am blown away is an understatement. I have been working on my coloring since last summer, but I never thought I would improve enough to be invited onto a coloring design team! So, yes...I am super-de-duper excited!!
I colored up an image and created a card for my big DT reveal!

The image is called Penelope Poppy, and can be found HERE. I printed the image at approximately 4 3/4" tall, onto Hammermill Digital Copy 100# cardstock. I used either my Lexmark or Epson inkjet printer (I cannot remember which one, but they both work pretty well). 
I colored the image with Copic markers. I did not write down the color list, unfortunately. I will try to do that for future posts. It is hard because I use a lot of colors to get the blends, and then I get sidetracked and never write them down! 

I matched up my colored image with some Graphic 45 Nature Sketchbook papers and Poppy Red taffeta ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon. Yes, Virginia, I color FIRST and then match my paper and embellishments. My hoard of supplies is VAST. I figure, if I don't have something to match every Copic color, then I should give up! 

The sentiment is a clear stamp from Power Poppy, from the Nice Things to Say set
I added some pearls and enamel dots, as well as some punched butterflies, to finish off the card.
I loved coloring Penelope's hair and top, but those poppies gave me fits. Getting just the right orangey-red was really HARD.  

Thanks for stopping by. I will be back tomorrow with my first DT post. If you are on Facebook, make sure to stop by the Conie Fong Art and Design Page! There is always a monthly challenge, plus there are games all month-long. Sometimes there is a FREE STAMP to try! Visit the Etsy Shop and get a few images to color. Digital stamps are so affordable, and you can print them any size you wish. Print them over and over again! (But, please, no file sharing.) 



Digital stamp: Conie Fong Art and Design Penelope Poppy
Clear stamp: Power Poppy Nice Things to Say
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Printed paper: Graphic 45 Nature Sketchbook Wildflower Bouquet, Seasonal Splendor (8x8 pad), Nature Sketchbook Patterns and Solids 6x6 Pad
Cardstock: WorldWin Midnight ColorMates Smooth, Hammermill 100# Digital Color Copy White, CutCardstock Basis White
Enamel dots: Whimsy Stamps
Pearls: Want2Scrap
Die cuts: My Favorite Things Stitched Circle Stax, Taylored Expressions doily
Trims: Really Reasonable Ribbon Poppy Red Taffeta ribbon, Solid Yellow baker's twine,  white crochet lace
Adhesive: ATG tape, foam tape, hot glue, wet glue

13 comments:

  1. WOW congratulations Gloria with this new 'job'. I love your creations and although I cannot color due to my arthrose, I always get inspiration from looking at your blog! Thabkjs for that and have fun in this new DT! love Mieke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you keep dropping by! The April Calendar project will post on April 15th or there-about. ;)

      Delete
  2. Such a gorgeous card!! Beautiful coloring!! The paper is just perfect. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new gig, Gloria. Gorgeous coloring here, such a lovely card. Hope all is well with you and yours. – Shani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweet friend. I am so happy you stopped by!

      Delete
  4. Congrats well deserved xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Gloria! I am so happy to be on Conie Fong's DT with you. I am super excited! Hugs, Gloria

    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am excited. We will have a wonderful time!

      Delete
  6. CONGRATULATIONS Gloria!!! Your coloring is gorgeous, and you sooooo deserve this!!! Sooo happy for you!!!!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Gloria! You sound so excited, and your card here is so adorable! Your coloring is beautiful! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete